Sunday, August 18, 2024

After Birthday Vacation : The conclusion

      Hey, my fellow NJ peeps, I've shared parts one and two of my after-birthday excursions with you. I'm thrilled to share the conclusion of my post-birthday adventures, a journey close to my heart. So here we go, starting three amazing bands with Citizens Bank Park, located at 1 Citizens Bank Way, Philadelphia, PA.  www.mlb.com This beautiful sports stadium is home to The Philadelphia Phillies Baseball team, their MLB World Series Champs in 1980 and again in 2008, and The 12-time NL title champs from 1976 - 2011. Also, the stadium hosts numerous concerts from prominent name Music artists Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi, and three of the best bands Lynn and I recently saw last month, Journey, Steve Miller Band & Def Leppard. We had a blast! First, we stopped at one of the 20 food vendors in the ballpark. One vendor is a hamburger joint called Shake Shack, and we had these delicious cheeseburgers and French fries. And from a beer vendor, I had a nice cold Voodoo Ranger Craft beer. 



     First up was The Steve Miller Band, which dazzled us with hits such as The Joker, Abracadabra, Fly Like An Eagle, and Keep on Rocking Me Baby.  Next was Journey, and I'm telling you this group didn't do us justice with their hits such as Don't Stop Believing, Open Arms, Separate Ways, and Who's Crying Now.  And Finally, Def Leppard with their Bad Ass one arm drummer Rick Allen (yes, I said it and will repeat it) Bad ASS one arm Drummer Rick Allen An Amazing drummer whom his fans call "The Thunder God," and I can see why despite an arm amputation back in the 1980s during a car accident and that didn't stop this man from becoming the most successful drummer of our time. They played their hits such as Pour Some Sugar On Me, Hysteria, Bringin' On the Heartbreak, and Animal!


   

















   After the epic concert, it was time to find a place to eat. Most restaurants and diners in NJ are closed after hours except this restaurant, which is a dive bar in Maple Shade called Jay's Elbow Room, located at 2806 NJ -73, Maple Shade, NJ www.jayselbowroom.com  Jay's has perfect bar and grill food varieties like wings, burgers, onion rings and, pork roll sandwiches. You can even get cocktail drinks and regular and local NJ craft beers. Jay's is open until 2 am every night, and you can play some darts and shoot billiards to spare time, even watch your favorite sports on one of many big-screen TVs indoors, or dine in their outdoor patio.

      





   Well, I hope you all enjoyed the adventures of my post-birthday vacation day trips. As much as I'm telling you all, I had a blast going to these remarkable places, and I hope to do it all again shortly.  So stay tuned for more of my many fantastic day trip excursions, and as always, follow, like, and share on any social media platform. 

  Live life to the fullest and be safe,

Jerzy P🍴🍷🚗

No comments:

Post a Comment